Sliding Scale Tickets
In order to make events at The Poly more accessible to those on a low income, we will be implementing a sliding scale ticket price for some of our events.
You can choose what you pay based on your circumstances – you won’t be asked for any proof/ID.
You can use the following criteria to assess which ticket price is best suited to your circumstances:
- I frequently stress about meeting basic needs (like food, housing, clothing, and transportation) and don’t always achieve them.
- I have debt and it sometimes prohibits me from meeting my basic needs.
- I rent lower-end properties or have unstable housing.
- I am unemployed or underemployed.
- I qualify for government and/or voluntary assistance, for example, food banks and benefits.
- I have no access to savings.
- I can’t afford a holiday or don’t have the ability to take time off without financial burden.
- I may stress about meeting my basic needs but still regularly achieve them.
- I may have some debt but it does not prohibit attainment of basic needs.
- I can afford public transport and often private transport. If I have a car/access to a car I can afford petrol.
- I am employed.
- I might have access to financial savings.
- I have some expendable income.
- I am comfortably able to meet all of my basic needs.
- I may have some debt but it doesn’t prohibit attainment of basic needs.
- I own my home or property or I rent a higher-end property.
- I can afford public and private transport. If I have a car/access to a car I can afford petrol.
- I have access to financial savings.
- I can afford an annual holiday or take time off.