We've reopened The Poly Guild from 23 July 2020, and our Spring Gallery from 30 July 2020, and our programme of events is restarting this October. We couldn't be more excited to welcome you back - we've missed you and have really appreciated all the kind words and acts of support from our community since our closure.
We'll be keeping this page updated with our health and safety information and the changes we've implemented due to Covid-19, this page will be kept regularly updated so please do check back before your next visit to us here at The Poly.
Last updated: 19 September 2020
We're currently operating with reduced hours in our Guild shop and Spring Gallery:
Thursday - Saturday: Open 11:00 to 16:00
Sunday - Wednesday: Closed
At this time, our toilets will remain closed to the public.
We will be reviewing this as our programme of events restarts in October 2020 - please check back here for more information.
Our Community Pottery remains open for courses, as well as pre-arranged kiln firing and clay sales - please contact email@example.com for more information.
What we're doing
Our primary concern will always be the health and safety of our volunteers, staff, and the communities we serve. To ensure this, there will be some changes to the way that we operate, which have been outlined below.
If you have questions or concerns, please get in touch with us and a member of our team would be happy to help. You can get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our health and safety measures include:
- implementing a strict cleaning schedule, with regular sanitising of high touch areas
- limiting the capacity of the shop, gallery, and event spaces
- installing protective screens at our box office desk
- fully training staff and volunteers, and equipping them with PPE
- requiring customers to wear a face covering to enter, unless they are exempt under guidelines
- putting in place clear signage, including floor stickers
If you will be visiting us for an event, the following will also apply:
- Seating bubbles will be able to accommodate groups up to 6 and are subject to availability. All seats in a bubble must be bought in one transaction.
- Social distancing between bubbles will be observed.
- Seating bubbles can only be made up of people in your own household or support bubble. We ask that you please only book tickets with people who you are living with or have formed a support bubble with.
- On arrival, each seating bubble will be allocated seats. If you have particular needs for your seats, we will try our best to accommodate any requests, but this may not always be possible - please send these in advance to email@example.com.
- Audience members are required to wear face coverings (except for those who are medically exempt). Face coverings do not need to be worn while drinking.
- If you or any member of your household develops symptoms of Covid-19 after booking tickets please contact us for a refund.
How you can help
- Please do not visit us if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or loss or changes to your sense of smell or taste).
- Use the hand sanitiser provided.
- You will need to wear a face covering whilst in the building unless you are exempt, in accordance with Government guidelines.
- Maintain social distancing while in our building.
- We ask everyone to be mindful that some people are unable to wear a face covering, and the reasons for that might not be immediately apparent. If you have any concerns, please speak to a member of staff who will be happy to help.
NHS Test & Trace
The Poly will be working with NHS Test & Trace for our events.
You can find out more about Test & Trace on the NHS website here.
Ticketholders for cancelled events
We continue to work behind the scenes with artists, performers and promoters to reschedule dates postponed by Covid-19.
Existing tickets will be valid for new dates and we will be in touch as updates become available.
We have emailed everyone who holds tickets with the options available to them, but if you booked in person at the box office we might not have your contact details. You can use your ticket to support The Poly, or you can request a refund. Please let us know what you would like to do by getting in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.