The aim of the course is to:
- give you an opportunity to gain an insight into the materials that make up glaze
- help you to gain a basic understanding of what these materials are and how they effect your glazes through experimentation and developing tests
- allow you to make basic glaze recipes from scratch and see the results each week
- give you extended knowledge through taking notes, discussing your findings and sharing your results with each other.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- understand what the individual glaze ingredients do in a glaze
- understand how to put together different ingredients to create a glaze
- weigh different materials and mix glazes tests
- reflect on fired glaze tests and analyse results
- build a folder of glaze recipes and results
- understand a basic awareness of Ceramics glaze, materials and studio Health and Safety practices.
Suitable for beginners and professionals - no previous knowledge or practice is required.